Update: No news on last week interview. I am predisposed to
think late news is bad news but…
Praise: Being w/o a steady task to do every day leaves you a
little time to think. In an uncertain time you start thinking about the basics.
The basics of life on this earth. Well I
started taking inventory of what one might think of as a ‘guarantee’ or what do
I consider life owes me. We all get used
to or assume there are some things and guess we call that taking things for
granite. You kind of get used to them. There is no guarantee that I should get
a paycheck, no guarantee that I can find a job that fits me, no guarantee I can
live in my home in Geneva the rest of my life, for that matter IL or USA, no
guarantee that I can live with my family 7 days a week, no guarantee I can
provide all I have up to now for my wife and children. Well the list can just go on. But I do have a guarantee. And this guarantee plays trump to all the
nons. It a guarantee that the effective calling of my soul to participate in
saving grace of faith will allow me at the end of this short life to abide in
the presence of God forever and not to burn in hell for eternity. So, if one
were to say count your blessings, well I only need to count one and all other pseudo
certainties and non-guarantees pale and come to nothing. Praise the mighty one
for his salvation.
A Thought or Two:
Everyone can be callous and we expect that from everyone to some degree.
We enlarge our heart as needed to deal with it.
It’s when someone is callous to you or someone you love when you did not
expect it from them that cause us to stretch our capacity to forgive. You may
have thought differently of them, expected more, etc. You may actually attempt to approach them on
the hurt caused by their action or words and how it has a much broader affect
than just you and how you consider what they did inappropriate. You may have a good conversation you may
not. There is a tension of how much do I
love this brother to point out his callousness or am I protecting me or the
ones I love to not be hurt. O’ the power
of forgiveness and the freedom to move on. The proverb 10:12 rings so true, “Love covers
all kinds of transgressions.” Unforgiveness is like drinking poison and hoping
the other person dies. Honesty is the true test of any relationship.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete